Scuba Dive – explore The Great Barrier Reef
The best way to experience the Great Barrier Reef is to become one of the fish and enter the world of scuba diving*.
Scuba Dive in pristine clear water amongst gardens that bloom under the sea.
Scuba divers frequently interact with Green Sea Turtles or our friendly giant Maori Wrasse, ‘Wally’ during their scuba adventures.
* Important information for scuba divers:
Australia has the strictest requirements for scuba diving than anywhere else in the world…With the highest safety record!
Your well being is of utmost importance to us, so please read the following information carefully if you intend on scuba diving while on board Reef Experience.
We want everyone to have the Great Barrier Reef trip of a lifetime!
Please see our Important Information page for medical restrictions to scuba diving.
- You need to allow 24 hours from your last scuba dive before flying.
- Certified scuba divers are required to provide proof of their qualification aboard – scuba dive license card
- Minimum age for trying scuba diving is 12 years. Minimum age for certified scuba divers is 10 years.
- All scuba divers will be required to complete a medical questionnaire onboard the vessel before diving.
- Some medical conditions and/or medication may stop you from participating in Scuba Diving. Please check our important information page and with our friendly office before booking your trip if you have a medical condition or are taking medications, to avoid disappointment on the day.
Book one or two certified dives and enjoy wonderful scuba adventures on the Great Barrier Reef.
Compass Cruises cater to all levels of divers and scuba equipment rental is included in the price of your dives!
Resort Introductory Scuba Diving
On our Compass day Cruise you can try a free scuba dive demonstration where our friendly crew will suit you up in the scuba dive equipment and take you under the water to see if you feel comfortable breathing under the water you may decide to go on a 20 minute resort introductory scuba dive hand held by one of our friendly professional dive instructors.
About our Resort Introductory scuba diving
One of our scuba dive instructors will take you to a maximum depth of 12 metres, there are a lot of brightly coloured coral and fish at this depth
We take a group of 4 people per instructor on a resort introductory scuba dive
You might be surprised to know that we take people from all over the World on a resort / introductory scuba dive many of them can not swim ! because the scuba dive is hand held the scuba dive instructor swims for them.
Please be aware that some medical conditions and/or medication may stop you from participating in Scuba Diving.
Please check with our friendly office before booking your trip if you have a medical condition or are taking medications, to avoid disappointment on the day.