During your 3 Day Rafting – Reef and Rainforest adventure experience a full day on the Outer Great Barrier Reef, snorkelling amongst the beautiful corals and colourful tropical marine life and 2 hours of fun filled Whitewater Rafting on the Barron River National Park.
Then travel to the stunning Kuranda Village the village in the Rainforest by Kuranda Scenic Train and Skyrail Cablecar.
This Reef and Rafting on a Budget package can be done in any order and you can also have a days break in between if you wish.
Day 1 – Great Barrier Reef
Compass Cruises will have you escaping for an unforgettable, unrushed day enjoying a relaxed leisurely cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef.
Snorkel amongst beautiful corals and a colourful variety of tropical marine life at one of the natural wonders of the world.
Relax on the huge sundeck, or take the “Wild Ride” on the famous Compass Boomnet.
- Unlimited snorkelling
- Up to 4 hours at our Outer Great Barrier Reef Locations
- Delicious BBQ lunch with fresh salads
- Fruit Platters
- Friendly Crew Assistance for Non confident Swimmers
- Boom netting – “The Wild Ride” (weather permitting)
- All Government Reef Levies and Taxes included in the price
Great Barrier Reef Cruise Inclusions
- Snorkel Equipment hire & tuition (excluding wetsuits and stinger suits)
- Floatation devices (children and Adult Sizes)
- Fresh fruit platters,
- Coffee and Tea when boarding and while boat is stationary
- Delicious BBQ Lunch with an assortment of fresh salads (dietary requirement catered for)
- Boomnetting the “Wild Ride” (weather permitting)
- Glass of Wine, cheese & crackers on return journey (cordial for the children)
- Complimentary tea & coffee all day (whilst vessel is stationary)
- All Government Reef Taxes and Levies
- Assistance for non confident swimmers
What to Bring
- Cash or credit card for extra purchases
- Please advise of any dietary requirements upon booking.
- Compass Cruises is also family friendly and disability friendly
- Please read the important information, terms and conditions prior to booking your trip.
- Scuba Diving is an optional extra in this tour. If you are considering scuba diving please be aware that some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent from participation in scuba diving activities.
- Minumum age for Resort Scuba Diving is 12 years of age
- Children prices are for ages 4-14 years.
- Family prices are for 2 adults + 2 children age 4-14 years only
- Infants 0-4 years travel free on our Compass Cruise
Great Barrier Reef Itinerary
0730 – Check in direct to Compass at Marlin Wharf Berth 18
0800 – Depart Marlin Marina Cairns to the Great Barrier Reef
1015 – Arrive at your first Great Barrier Reef Location
1230 – BBQ Lunch with fresh salads 1300 – Cruise to 2nd Reef Location
1530 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef1730 – Approximately Arrival time at Cairns Marina
- Certified Dive $55.00 or 2 Certified Dives for $100.00
- Resort Scuba Diving $65.00 0r 2 Resort Dives for $115.00 (no experience necessary) – (see Medical Conditions)
- Dive Guide for Certified Divers $15.00 per person per dive per person
- Glass Bottom Boat Tours available (weather permitting) $15.00
- Return Bus transfers from your Cairns City Accommodation $12.00 return
- Outside Cairns City area $22.00 per person return
- Wetsuit hire $5.00
- Stinger Suit Hire $5.00
- Prescription masks $10.00
- Underwater Camera Hire $59.00
- Fully licensed bar
Very Important - About Scuba Diving
Certified Scuba Diving and Resort Scuba Diving on Compass Cruises is an “Optional Extra” and is subject to medical conditions – please read the medical conditions below
The Minimum age for resort diving is 12 years.
What is a Resort/Introductory Dive? Resort diving requires no previous scuba experience. Conducted in small group of 4 under the supervision of an experienced Dive Instructor, resort dives give beginners an unforgettable Great Barrier Reef experience without having to complete a full scuba diving course.
Can anyone try a resort dive? If you are able to swim and are in good physical health you can probably dive (See Medical Conditions). The Minimum age for resort diving is 12 years.
What is a Certified Scuba Dive? A Certified Scuba dive is when you have completed an “Open Water” Dive Certification (generally takes 3 – 4 days to complete)
Queensland Dive Laws are the strictest in the World – with the safest dive record in the world.
Please be aware that Some Medical Conditions or Medications that are being taken could prevent you from participating in scuba activities.
To prevent disappointment on-the day, If you wish to partake in our Introductory/Resort Scuba dive, it is the passengers responsibility to ensure they are medically fit to dive.
If you have EVER suffered from any of the following conditions, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
- Asthma / Wheezing or use of an inhaler even for Sports endurance
- Brain, spinal cord or nervous disorder
- Chronic bronchitis or persistent chest complaint
- Chronic sinus condition
- Collapsed Lung (pneumothorax)
- Chest Surgery
- Heart Disease of any kind
- Crones Disease
If you are CURRENTLY suffering from or have recently had any of the following conditions or procedures, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
- Chronic ear discharge or infection
- High blood pressure
- Ear Surgery
- Fainting Seizures or blackouts
- Recurrent ear problems when flying
- Tuberculosis or any other long term disease
- Any illness or operation within the last month
- Perforated eardrum
- Recent Surgery
Being pregnant will prohibit you from Scuba Diving
Please be aware that the above does not cover every medical condition there maybe other medical conditions that I not listed.
If you are taking any Medications for anything we can check if these are safe for diving with the local Dive doctor. This is necessary as some medications can become dangerous underwater. These checks are done on the day of travel and can be difficult for the dive doctor to approve without consultation with you.
We can only give them information submitted to us on your medical form so please understand that the dive Doctor may require a full dive medical to clear you to dive.
Please be aware If you have used or are using ventolin/ventalin or an inhaler for Sports endurance/enhancement you will still need a Dive Medical before being allowed to Scuba dive.
It is not our company’s decision regarding these laws – we are regulated by the Queensland Government.
Please contact our office, if you do require any further information regarding possible medical conditions.If you have existing or pre existing medical conditions, operations, taking medication, have used an inhaler then you will need permission from the Dive Doctor to Scuba Dive. If you have any doubts or queries regarding the above, please be proactive and contact our office to avoid disappointment on the day.
Day 2 – Whitewater Rafting
Pay on Board Rafting Levy of $25.00 per person
Minimum age 13 years
This half day Whitewater Rafting on the Barron River is a great and fun way to discover the pristine rainforest surrounding Cairns, in Tropical North Queensland.
Take in the breath-taking scenery and alternating smooth and bumpy waters of the Barron river as it winds it way through the heart of the Barron gorge National Park. All the time being Guided by your experienced River Guide.
Feel the rush of white water rafting within the awesome wilderness of Australia’s tropical rainforests.
When finished, enjoy a swim, pack up your raft and change into dry clothes, then enjoy tea and coffee before transferring back to your accommodation.
Whitewater Rafting Inclusions
- Up to 2 hours rafting through Barron Gorge National Park
- Grade 2 and 3 rapids
- 8 Person inflatable Raft
- Return air-conditioned coach transfers from your accommodation
- Rafting Safety equipment – life jacket, helmet and spray jacket
- Safety Training
- Tea and coffee at the end of your rafting trip
What to Bring
- Ticket or voucher
- Swimming costume (you will get wet)
- Lace up shoes or sandals that won’t fall off
- Dry clothes
- Sunscreen but don’t apply to the back of your legs
- Money for photos & rafting levy
- Digital photos available for purchase
- Shoe hire $5.00
Day 3 – Scenic Train & Skyrail
Travelling by the scenic rail you will learn about the pioneering history of the tropical north.
During the 90 minute journey climbing over 40 small bridges and through many dark tunnels while winding its way from Cairns to Kuranda.
You will be in awe of the excellent views of the world listed rainforest, steep ravines and picturesque waterfalls within the Barron Gorge National Park.
Whilst Kuranda Scenic Rail gives visitors an amazing view of the rainforest at ground level, Skyrail Rainforest Cableway provides an extraordinary birds-eye-view of the rainforest as it soars silently only meters above the rainforest canopy.
You’ll glide just metres above the rainforest canopy before descending through the canopy layers and deep into the heart of the rainforest at Skyrail’s two mid-stations where you can hop off and enjoy rainforest walks along the boardwalks.
Pickups are not available from Northern Beaches and Port Douglas
- Return bus transfers to and from Cairns City Accommodation
- Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Skyrail Cablecar
- Time in Kuranda Village
What to Bring
- Comfortable Walking shoes
- Camera Cash/Creditcard for purchases
- bottle of water
Make your time in Cairns, Far North Queensland a memorable by booking these 3 day Budget Tours
3 day Rafting, Reef and Rainforest
Great Barrier Reef Budget Cruise
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and PayPal. Please note any dietary or other requirements in the booking message. If you are purchasing bus transfers with your tour, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700. Please read the conditions regarding scuba diving activities on our website. Locations and itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice, but with full consideration of your enjoyment
Compass Cruises require 48 hours advance to make any changes to your booking.
The cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Schedules are subject to change.
Terms And Conditions
Locations, prices and itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice but with full consideration of your enjoyment.
• Travel and dive insurance are recommended.
• Children’s prices for ages 4-14 years.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Minimum age for trying resort scuba diving is 12 years
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• If you are considering Scuba Diving you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before
participating in any scuba activities.
• Some medical conditions OR medications may prevent you from scuba diving unless a current Australian Standards 'AS4005.1' Medical
Certificate can be shown to the Dive Instructor. This medical certificate must be performed pursuant to
the Australian standard AS.4005.1. (Queensland Dive Laws). If you are unsure of a particular medical
condition or medication, please check with our office before booking any scuba dive activities.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
Rafting Half Day
Thankyou for choosing Rafting - Half Day
Payment can be made using Visa Card or MasterCard. Please note any special requirements in the booking message. If your tour includes bus transfers, please advise location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700.
Please note: There is a $25.00 Rafting Level per person to be paid on board on the day of travel.
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation. Cancellation fees are as follows: 20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure. 50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure. 100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 4051 5777. We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice. Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage, delay or personal injury. We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable.
The Kuranda Scenic Train & Skyrail
Thankyou for choosing Scenic Train and Skyrail
Payment can be made using Visa Card or MasterCard. Please note any special requirements in the booking message. If your tour includes bus transfers, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
100% cancellation Fee applies to all day tours cancelled within 24 hours of departure or no show, and all extended tours (2 days or more) cancelled within 72 hours prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 4037 2700. We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice. Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage, delay or personal injury. We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable.