Reef Cruise and Whitewater Rafting
Experience a full day Snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef and a full day riding the rapids on the Mighty Tully River on your Whitewater Rafting Tour.
Day 1 Great Barrier Reef
Compass Cruises will have you escaping for an unforgettable, unrushed day enjoying a relaxed leisurely cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef.
Snorkel amongst beautiful corals and a colourful variety of tropical marine life at one of the natural wonders of the world.
Relax on the huge sun deck, or take the “Wild Ride” on the famous Compass Boomnet.
- Two spectacular Reef locations
- Unlimited snorkelling
- Up to 4 hours at the Great Barrier Reef
- Great crew
Great Barrier Reef Inclusions
- Snorkel Equipment hire & tuition (excluding wetsuits)
- Floatation devices (children and Adult Sizes)
- Fresh fruit platters,
- Coffee and Tea when boarding
- Delicious BBQ Lunch with an assortment of fresh salads (dietary requirement catered for)
- Boomnetting the “Wild Ride” (weather permitting)
- Glass of Wine, cheese & crackers on return journey
- Complimentary tea & coffee all day (whilst vessel is stationary)
- All Reef Taxes and Levies
- Assistance for non confident swimmers
What to Bring
- Cash or credit card for extra purchases
- Please advise of any dietary requirements upon booking.
- Compass Cruises is also family friendly and disability friendly
- Please read the important information, terms and conditions prior to booking your trip.
- Scuba Diving is an optional extra in this tour. If you are considering scuba diving please be aware that some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent from participation in scuba diving activities.
- Children prices are for ages 4-14 years. Family prices are for 2 adults + 2 children age 4-14 years only
Great Barrier Reef Itinerary
07:30 Check in direct to Compass at Marlin Wharf Berth 18
08:00 Depart Marlin Marina Cairns to the Great Barrier Reef
10:15 Arrive at your first Great Barrier Reef Location
12:30 BBQ Lunch with fresh salads
13:00 Cruise to 2nd Reef Location
15:30 Depart the Great Barrier Reef17:30 Approximately Arrival time at Cairns Marina
- Certified or Resort Scuba Diving (no experience necessary): 1 or 2 dives available (see medical Conditions)
- Guided dives for certified divers
- Glass Bottom Boat Tours
- Bus transfers from your accommodation
- Wetsuit hire
- Prescription masks Fully licensed bar
Day 2 Whitewater Rafting Tully River
$30 Rafting Levy to be paid on board
White Water Rafting down the Tully River is Australia’s most famous White Water Rafting full day adventure .
An an action packed experience filled with fun, thrills and spills on a day you will never forget.
White water rafting on the Tully River in this extreme five hour white water adventure in remote World Heritage Rainforest. rating down grade 3 and 4 rapids with an unforgettable backdrop
- Rafting through World heritage rainforest
- Grade 3 and 4 rapids
- Riverside BBQ Lunch
Tully River Itinerary
- 06:10 Pick ups from Northern Beaches accommodation
- 06:30 Pick ups from Cairns accommodation commence
- 07:00 Depart Cairns
- 07:30 Pick ups from Mission Beach accommodation
- 08:00 Depart Mission Beach
- 08:30 Arrive at Rafters Cafe for morning tea and coffee
- 09:00 Depart Rafters Cafe & Bar
- 09:45 Arrive at top of the Tully River for a safety demonstration and to be supplied with safety equipment
- 10:00 Commence rafting. Brave the first few rapids,
- 12:15 Arrive Ponytail Falls for BBQ lunch
- 12:45 Commence afternoon rafting
- 15:00 Arrive at take out point. Pack up raft and change into dry clothes
- 15:45 Arrive at Rafters Cafe & Bar.
- 17:00 Return to Mission Beach accommodation
- 18:30 Return to Cairns accommodation (approx.)
- 19:15 Return to Northern Beaches accommodation
What to Bring
- Your ticket and
- POB Levy of $30
- You will need to sign an adventure waiver form
- A cap or sun visor which can be worn under your safety helmet (eg. baseball hat)
- Water resistant 15 + sunscreen
- Swimming costume
- towel. (you will need to have your swimming costume already on when you are picked up)
- Secured footwear is mandatory – lace-up shoes or sandals that will get wet (limited shoe hire available at an additional cost)
- Some money for photos and souvenirs
- Change of clothes
- We strongly recommend you bring an extra t-shirt or rash vest to wear under your life vest to prevent sunburn
- Enthusiasm for an Awesome day
- Minimum age: 13 years,
- under 18 years must travel with a guardian or parent
- Rafting is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant
Reef Cruise and Rafting
Great Barrier Reef Budget Cruise
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and PayPal. Please note any dietary or other requirements in the booking message. If you are purchasing bus transfers with your tour, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700. Please read the conditions regarding scuba diving activities on our website. Locations and itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice, but with full consideration of your enjoyment
Compass Cruises require 48 hours advance to make any changes to your booking.
The cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Schedules are subject to change.
Terms And Conditions
Locations, prices and itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice but with full consideration of your enjoyment.
• Travel and dive insurance are recommended.
• Children’s prices for ages 4-14 years.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Minimum age for trying resort scuba diving is 12 years
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• If you are considering Scuba Diving you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before
participating in any scuba activities.
• Some medical conditions OR medications may prevent you from scuba diving unless a current Australian Standards 'AS4005.1' Medical
Certificate can be shown to the Dive Instructor. This medical certificate must be performed pursuant to
the Australian standard AS.4005.1. (Queensland Dive Laws). If you are unsure of a particular medical
condition or medication, please check with our office before booking any scuba dive activities.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
White Water Rafting
Payment can be made using Visa Card or MasterCard. Please note any special requirements in the booking message. If your tour includes bus transfers, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation. Cancellation fees are as follows: 20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure. 50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure. 100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 4037 2700. We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice. Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage, delay or personal injury. We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable.