Great Barrier Reef and Horse Riding
Experience the joy of a full day Snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef and a half day day riding on horse back through the Aussie Bush, Rainforest, Mangrove Wetlands on this 2 day Reef and Tropical Adventure.
Day 1 Great Barrier Reef
Compass will have you escaping for an unforgettable, unrushed day enjoying a relaxed leisurely cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef.
Snorkel amongst beautiful corals and a colourful variety of tropical marine life at one of the natural wonders of the world.
Relax on the huge sun deck, or take the “Wild Ride” on the famous Compass Boomnet.
- Two spectacular Reef locations
- Unlimited snorkelling
- Up to 4 hours at the Great Barrier Reef
- Great crew
Great Barrier Reef Inclusions
- Snorkel Equipment hire & tuition (excluding wetsuits)
- Floatation devices (children and Adult Sizes)
- Fresh fruit platters,
- Coffee and Tea when boarding
- Delicious BBQ Lunch with an assortment of fresh salads (dietary requirement catered for)
- Boomnetting the “Wild Ride” (weather permitting)
- Glass of Wine, cheese & crackers on return journey
- Complimentary tea & coffee all day (whilst vessel is stationary)
- All Reef Taxes and Levies
- Assistance for non confident swimmers
What to Bring
- Cash or credit card for extra purchases
- Please advise of any dietary requirements upon booking.
- Compass Cruises is also family friendly and disability friendly
- Please read the important information, terms and conditions prior to booking your trip.
- Scuba Diving is an optional extra in this tour. If you are considering scuba diving please be aware that some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent from participation in scuba diving activities.
- Children prices are for ages 4-14 years. Family prices are for 2 adults + 2 children age 4-14 years only
Great Barrier Reef Itinerary
7:30 Check in direct to Compass at Marlin Wharf Berth 18
8:00 Depart Marlin Marina Cairns to the Great Barrier Reef
10:15 Arrive at your first Great Barrier Reef Location
12:30 BBQ Lunch with fresh salads 1300 – Cruise to 2nd Reef Location
15:30 Depart the Great Barrier Reef17:30 Approximately Arrival time at Cairns Marina
- Certified or Resort Scuba Diving (no experience necessary): 1 or 2 dives available (see medical Conditions)
- Guided dives for certified divers
- Glass Bottom Boat Tours
- Bus transfers from your accommodation
- Westsuit hire
- Prescription masks Fully licensed bar
Day 2 Horse Riding Adventure
Experience the joys of horse-riding through the Aussie bush, Rainforest, Sugar-cane fields and Wetlands all in one ride. Imagine having the change to see a crocodile in the wild when you draw up on horseback alongside the Billabong for a billy tea over a camp fire!
- Horse riding through Rainforest, native bush, cane fields and mangrove wetlands
- Suitable for all levels of experience
- Great family Tour
- Billy Tea by the Billabong
This Cairns Horse riding tour is suitable for all ages (minimum child age is 4 years) and levels from beginners to the more experienced along with being a perfect family adventure. (minimum age is 4 years)
The horses are of a friendly, mature nature and are hand-picked to match your skill level and ability.
After a safety and introductory riding lesson you will then be divided into groups to match your skill levels to ensure you have a safe and fun horse riding experience.
Horse riding Adventure Inclusions
- Return City Transfers to and from your accommodation
- All Safety Equipment
- Morning or Afternoon Tea
- Horse riding Guide
What to Bring
- Long pants
- Covered shoes (no thongs or trail sandals, runners are OK),
- At least a T-Shirt (no Singlets or sleeveless shirts)
- Optional items that may be helpful
- Bush hat or truckers hat
8:45 Pick up at Your Accommodation
9:15 Arrive at Blazing Saddles and be greeted with Morning Tea
9:45 Helmets fitted and horses assigned, safety lessons, Tour Commences
11:15 Return to base with Refreshments and hot snacks
12:00 Return to your Accommodation
10:45 Pick up at Your Accommodation
11:15 Arrive at Blazing Saddles and be greeted with Morning Tea
11:45 Helmets fitted and horses assigned, safety lessons, Tour Commences
13:15 Return to base with Refreshments and hot snacks
14:00 Return to Accommodation
12:45 Pick up at Your Accommodation
13:15 Arrive at Blazing Saddles and be greeted with Morning Tea
13:45 Helmets fitted and horses assigned, safety lessons, Tour Commences
15:15 Return to base with Refreshments and hot snacks
16:00 Return to Accommodation
14:45 Pick up at Your Accommodation
15:15 Arrive at Blazing Saddles and be greeted with Morning Tea
15:30 Helmets fitted and horses assigned, safety lessons, Tour Commences
16:30 Return to base with Refreshments and hot snacks17:00 Return to Accommodation
Safety Standards and Protocols
- No experience is necessary and we have a range of horses suitable for all levels of experience.
- We have a short training and familiarisation course which everyone must complete before beginning the trail ride.
- At Blazing Saddles we only use the highest standard of equipment and we recently invested in the best stirrup in existence to reduce the risk of getting caught in the stirrup iron, that is the ‘Safe rider’ safety stirrup which has a highly engineered quick release mechanism used by professionals and recreation riders alike.
- We believe the soundest method to reduce risk of accident is to employ suitably experienced staff and to train them to our own high standards of safety.
- We know each of our horses well and being able to match horse and rider is part of our “workplace horse and safety programme”.
- In our time of running tourist trail adventures Blazing Saddles has maintained an excellent safety record and enough experience to realise that the best way to avoid accidents is preparation and training.
- “The horses are in excellent condition, as good as any individually owned and cared for horse.” Veterinary Surgeon – Marlin Coast Veterinary Clinic Blazing Saddles has received certificates in the highest safety standards set for the industry to date in Australia.
- These 2 certificates are extremely difficult to achieve, and require the highest standards in safety and training for horse-riding operators.
- Some of the main points operators are required to have for these new certificates include: Safety Clogs –
- These new safety ‘shoes’ attach to the stirrup and prevent any rider from having their foot caught in the stirrup in case of a fall. Walking Guide -One guide must be walking with the riders to assist at any stage of the ride.
- Public-Access Roads – At no stage must a horse riding trail cross a road used by cars.
- This prevents the horse from panicking and becoming unpredictable.
- Horse Selection – Horses must be chosen for beginner rides with a suitable temperament.
- Ex-racehorses must never be used for tourist trail rides. Staff Training
- All Lead guides should be First Aid certified and highly experienced horse riders.
- Japanese (or other international) staff should be also trained to a high level in their own language to ensure they are confident and capable around the guests and horses.
- Group Size – One group of horse riders should be no larger than 12 people per one riding guide plus one walking guide.
- Blazing Saddles uses a ratio of one guide to every 4 customers, including the walking guide.
- 2-Point contact on Saddles – All saddles should have at least one main girth (underbelly) strap and one back-up safety attachment.
- Lesson and Ability of Riders – All customers should have a comprehensive safety lesson and be questioned to their ability and how much prior experience they have had.
- This should be recorded in writing and forms part of the AHIC Waiver form.
- Emergency Procedures – Emergency procedures should be clearly displayed on the property and regular practices held. In addition suitable facilities should be located nearby, e.g ambulance station. Insurance –
- All horse riding operators should maintain both Public Liability and Personal Accident Cover to Australian Government standards. This certificate should be regularly checked by agents.
Reef and Tropical Adventure
Great Barrier Reef Budget Cruise
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and PayPal. Please note any dietary or other requirements in the booking message. If you are purchasing bus transfers with your tour, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700. Please read the conditions regarding scuba diving activities on our website. Locations and itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice, but with full consideration of your enjoyment
Compass Cruises require 48 hours advance to make any changes to your booking.
The cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Schedules are subject to change.
Terms And Conditions
Locations, prices and itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice but with full consideration of your enjoyment.
• Travel and dive insurance are recommended.
• Children’s prices for ages 4-14 years.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Minimum age for trying resort scuba diving is 12 years
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• If you are considering Scuba Diving you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before
participating in any scuba activities.
• Some medical conditions OR medications may prevent you from scuba diving unless a current Australian Standards 'AS4005.1' Medical
Certificate can be shown to the Dive Instructor. This medical certificate must be performed pursuant to
the Australian standard AS.4005.1. (Queensland Dive Laws). If you are unsure of a particular medical
condition or medication, please check with our office before booking any scuba dive activities.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
Horse Riding Cairns
Thankyou for choosing Horse Riding Cairns
Payment can be made using Visa Card or MasterCard. Please note any special requirements in the booking message. If your tour includes bus transfers, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation. Cancellation fees are as follows: 20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure. 50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure. 100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 4037 2700. We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice. Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage, delay or personal injury. We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable.