Travel on Compass Cruises for the day enjoy one or two ‘no-experience necessary’ Resort Dives at pristine outer Great Barrier Reef locations!
Our professional and experienced scuba dive instructors will lead you on an underwater tour you’ll never forget.
Let our wonderful crew show you the very best of the Great Barrier Reef as one of the fish!
The first scuba dive is conducted in shallow coral lagoons as a gentle orientation to the magical world of scuba.
Once relaxed, the optional second scuba dive really allows you to explore the variety of the Great Barrier Reef and interact with its many marine inhabitants.
Resort scuba diving is for non-qualified divers who do not hold any scuba diving licence.
No prior experience is necessary, all information and equipment is provided on the day.
Reef Cruise Highlights
- Two spectacular Outer Great Barrier Reef locations
- 1 Resort Scuba Dive
- All Scuba Diving Equipment (excluding Wetsuit)
- Unlimited snorkelling
- Up to 4 hours at the Great Barrier Reef
- BBQ lunch with Fresh Salads
- Experienced and helpful Crew
Include in Your Resort Dive Package
- Delicious buffet lunch
- 1 Introductory/Resort Scuba Dive
- Snorkelling & Scuba diving equipment (excluding wetsuits)
- Boomnetting (Weather Permitting)
- Unlimited Snorkelling
- A glass of Wine, cheese & biscuits on return journey
- Complimentary tea & coffee
- Experienced & helpful crew
Very Important - About Resort Diving
This Reef Cruise Resort Divers Package includes 1 Resort Dive!
What is a Resort/Introductory Dive? Resort diving requires no previous scuba experience. Conducted in small group of 4 under the supervision of an experienced Dive Instructor, resort dives give beginners an unforgettable Great Barrier Reef experience without having to complete a full scuba diving course.
Can anyone try a resort dive? If you are able to swim and are in good physical health you can probably dive (See Medical Conditions). The Minimum age for resort diving is 12 years.
Queensland Dive Laws are the strictest in the World – with the safest dive record in the world.
Please be aware that Some Medical Conditions or Medications that are being taken could prevent you from participating in scuba activities.
To prevent disappointment on-the day please advise our friendly team if you are taking any medication or have had any medical condition, so that we can advise if you will be able to participate in scuba activities. If you wish to partake in our Introductory/Resort Scuba dive, it is the passengers responsibility to ensure they are medically fit to dive.
If you have EVER suffered from any of the following conditions, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
- Asthma / Wheezing or use of an inhaler even for Sports endurance
- Brain, spinal cord or nervous disorder
- Chronic bronchitis or persistent chest complaint
- Chronic sinus condition
- Collapsed Lung (pneumothorax)
- Chest Surgery
- Heart Disease of any kind
- Crones Disease
If you are CURRENTLY suffering from or have recently had any of the following conditions or procedures, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
- Chronic ear discharge or infection
- High blood pressure
- Ear Surgery
- Fainting Seizures or blackouts
- Recurrent ear problems when flying
- Tuberculosis or any other long term disease
- Any illness or operation within the last month
- Perforated eardrum
- Recent Surgery
Being pregnant will prohibit you from Scuba Diving
Please be aware that the above does not cover every medical condition there maybe other medical conditions that I not listed.
If you are taking any Medications for anything we can check if these are safe for diving with the local Dive doctor. This is necessary as some medications can become dangerous underwater. These checks are done on the day of travel and can be difficult for the dive doctor to approve without consultation with you.
We can only give them information submitted to us on your medical form so please understand that the dive Doctor may require a full dive medical to clear you to dive.
Please be aware If you have used or are using ventolin/ventalin or an inhaler for Sports endurance/enhancement you will still need a Dive Medical before being allowed to Scuba dive.
It is not our company’s decision regarding these laws – we are regulated by the Queensland Government.
Please contact our office, if you do require any further information regarding possible medical conditions.If you have existing or pre existing medical conditions, operations, taking medication, have used an inhaler then you will need permission from the Dive Doctor to Scuba Dive. If you have any doubts or queries regarding the above, please be proactive and contact our office to avoid disappointment on the day.
What to Bring
- Cash or credit card for purchases
- Suntan lotion,
- Hat & towel,
- Swimming clothes
- Glass Bottom Boat Tours available (weather permitting) $15.00
- Bus transfers from accommodation to the Cairns Marina per person (City transfers $12.00 return) (Northern Beaches and Outer City $22.00 return) (Port Douglas $70.00 return)
- Wetsuit hire $5.00 (During stinger season, stinger suits are included with your equipment. These are not the same as wetsuits, which provide flotation and warmth)
- Prescription mask if required $10.00
- Fully licensed bar serving soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol and souvenirs
- Option to select an extra dive upon booking
- Please advise of dietary requirements upon booking.
- Scuba diving is subject to age and medical restrictions (please read Very Important about Scuba Diving)
- Please read the terms and conditions prior to booking your trip.
- Please check with our office if you are taking medication or have a medical condition.
Reef Cruise Resort Divers
Great Barrier Reef Budget Cruise
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and PayPal. Please note any dietary or other requirements in the booking message. If you are purchasing bus transfers with your tour, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700. Please read the conditions regarding scuba diving activities on our website. Locations and itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice, but with full consideration of your enjoyment
Compass Cruises require 48 hours advance to make any changes to your booking.
The cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Schedules are subject to change.
Terms And Conditions
Locations, prices and itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice but with full consideration of your enjoyment.
• Travel and dive insurance are recommended.
• Children’s prices for ages 4-14 years.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Minimum age for trying resort scuba diving is 12 years
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• If you are considering Scuba Diving you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before
participating in any scuba activities.
• Some medical conditions OR medications may prevent you from scuba diving unless a current Australian Standards 'AS4005.1' Medical
Certificate can be shown to the Dive Instructor. This medical certificate must be performed pursuant to
the Australian standard AS.4005.1. (Queensland Dive Laws). If you are unsure of a particular medical
condition or medication, please check with our office before booking any scuba dive activities.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.