If you’re looking for and a memorable day on the Great Barrier Reef then our budget cruise has it all!
We will have you escaping for an unforgettable, un-rushed day enjoying a relaxed leisurely cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef. Snorkel among beautiful corals and a colorful variety of tropical marine life at one of the natural wonders of the world.
Relax on the huge sun deck, see the Great Barrier Reef from the glass bottom boat (optional extra) or take the “Wild Ride” on the famous Compass Boomnet. Scuba Diving is available as an optional extra for all levels of experience.
Compass offers something for everyone and can be enjoyed by people of all ages, even those with limited swimming ability.
Tour Highlights & Inclusions
- Up to 4 hours at two Outer Great Barrier Reef locations
- Unlimited Snorkeling and snorkeling tuition. Snorkeling mask, snorkel and fins included
- Free buoyancy aids – snorkeling vests and noodles
- Delicious BBQ Lunch with fresh salads (Dietary requirements catered for: vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and food allergies – please advise upon booking)
- Fruit Platters while boarding. Tea & coffee available all day while boat stationary. Water fountain to fill your water bottle
- Glass of wine, cheese & crackers on return journey
- Assistance for non-confident swimmers from friendly crew
- Boom netting – “The Wild Ride” (weather permitting)
- Reef tax, fuel levy & national park fees for visiting the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park are included in this trip cost
- Family Friendly Tour
- Optional extra activities including Scuba Diving for all levels of experience and Glass-Bottom Boat Tours
- Scuba Diving for qualified divers (Certified) OR No-experience necessary ‘Resort Scuba Diving’ for beginners – one or two scuba dives available. Subject to medical conditions – see ‘Important Information for Scuba Divers’ below
- Glass Bottom Boat Tours (weather permitting)
- Wetsuit Hire (During jellyfish season in the tropics, stinger suits are included with your trip. These are not the same as wetsuits, which provide flotation and warmth)
- Underwater Digital Camera Hire
- Snack Bar Purchases: Soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol etc.
- Dive Guides for already qualified ‘Certified’ scuba divers (dive guides included for beginner divers)
- Prescription Mask Hire if you require stronger lenses to see (contact lenses can be worn in most circumstances)
- Bus transfers from accommodation to and from the Cairns Marina: From Cairns City accommodation $12.00AUD return per person / Outside Cairns City area $22.00AUD return per person
What to Bring
- Cash or credit card for purchases – Credit Card available for purchases over $10.00AUD
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Hat, Sunglasses, Sun Cream
- Proof of qualification if you’re a Certified Diver
Compass Cruises departs from Cairns Marina: ‘Marlin Wharf berth 18‘ View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
Boarding commences at 7:25 am for check-in, directly on the boat ‘Compass’Arrive back to Cairns Marina at approximately 5:30pm